Summer parties are incomplete without lemonade. Lemonades are the best drinks for summer. You can surely beat the heat using this lemon-based drink.
The peeps who do not know about lemonade bar consist of lemonade and flavored lemonade (consisting of fruit juices or syrups). Doesn’t that sound like a necessity in summer parties?
These excellent lemonade drinks are very healthy, nutritious, and mind-boggling (especially in summers).
Though there is a tricky thing about lemonades, which can bother any party host, it isn’t easy to find the ideal balance (or let us say a proper choice) of sweetness and sourness.
The host’s problem is that every other person has a different thing for the balance of sourness and sweetness. For example, I like lemonade to be a bit sour and avoid them if they are too sweet. But there could be another person who likes just the opposite, which can cause havoc in the party.
Here lemonade bar comes to your rescue! It saves you from embarrassment and looks super cute when you arrange it properly. It is a kind of win-win situation.
Lemonade bar allows people to tinker around with the lemonade and prepare their blend.
- Round table for placing the lemonade.
- Bottles for storing lemonade. You can avoid bottles and choose any other alternative too.
- Small crate to keep the bottles. (Not necessary)
- Tray to keep lemonade bottles in it.
Before getting into lemonade ingredients and preparation, try to include more flavored lemonade than the basic one.
Flavored ones are much tastier and more delicious than plain lemonade. If you are the host of a party, ask your friends their favorite fruit syrup and prepare accordingly.
Never made a fruit syrup. Well, it is not very difficult. Fruit syrups are just a concentrated form of fruit juices (by boiling) with sugar.
Usually, water is boiled first, and some fruit is added to it. Sugar is added according to one’s preference.
These fruit syrups can be used in other juices or desserts as well. They indeed are the best addition to lemonade. Not only the taste but color of lemonade too changes with the addition of fruit syrup.
Now without any further ado, let us get into the preparation for lemonade and fruit syrups.
Homemade Lemonade Recipe:
The necessity of any lemonade bar! You can choose any other lemonade recipe (maybe the one your mother or grandmother makes), but the usual recipe is as follows:
- Water (preferably ice cold)
- Lemon juice
I usually use the ratio of 1:2:8 of Sugar: Lemon juice: Water (ratio in several cups). Two cups of lemon juice roughly take around 15-17 medium-sized lemons. You can increase or decrease the ratio of sugar according to your preference.
I will not suggest using a drink mix or even canned lemonades. They usually contain preservatives and a lot of sugar in it. Homemade ones can be tailored to one’s requirement and is a lot of fun to prepare too. Apart from that, preparing lemonade is hardly a challenging task!
- When you prepare lemonade for flavored lemonades, never, I repeat, never add more sugar to it. As fruit syrups already contain sugar in it and some fruits are generally sweet, you will not want your lemonade to turn too sweet!
- Do not worry if your lemonade has turned a lot sweeter. Just add water to it. Everything will be fine!
- Add some ice cubes to the lemonade. Some people even add lemon ice cubes to lemonade. You can try it out!
Fruit Syrup Recipe:
Avoid buying fruit syrups from the market as they contain food preservatives and a lot of sugar in it. Fruit syrups are very easy to prepare. Steps are as follows:
- Select the fruit which you are going to use in the preparation of fruit syrup. Chop and dice down the fruit in small pieces, either cubical, rectangular, or any other shape you desire too.
- I prefer the ratio of 1:2:2 as Sugar: Fruits: Water (ratio in several cups). Adjust sugar according to the fruit, as different fruits have different sugar content.
- Firstly, add water and start boiling it. Once the water starts to boil, add sugar and fruits to it. Initially boil it over medium flame.
- Now, as the fruit starts to melt/soften, you can reduce the flame. Let the mixture boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let the syrup cool down. Once the syrup cools down, strain out the syrup to remove any fruit residue.
- Add your homemade fruit syrup to your homemade lemonade and make your flavored lemonade.
- Do keep ice cubes, chilled water, and sugar on the round table along with the flavored lemonades.
- You can make a custom drink or mocktail using these flavored lemonades.
I hope you enjoyed the preparation of the lemonade bar! If you’re interested in funky and intriguing DIY projects and home décor, then do visit Homebnc.
They have an extensive collection of DIY and home décor project ideas. I was fascinated when I first visited their website, and I am sure you would too!